Well, 2017 was a fantastic first year for my little shop trading as Mama & Fred.
We had our rebrand back in March changing from My Little Yarn Baby to Mama & Fred, I got my new Etsy store open in April and made 130 sales during the year on Etsy alone – AMAZING! You kept me very busy!
I also gained 3 fantastic new Brand Reps who you can meet here
2018 will hopefully be just as fantastic as well, fingers crossed, and as we all love a New Years Resolution (erm… don’t we?!) I thought that I would share a few of mine for my business with you. To make sure that I keep on track, as Resolutions need a bit of accountability don’t they!!
- Continue adding new items to my Etsy shop – I have 100 items now so I would like to get to at least 125 by the end of the year, as I will be retiring some that aren’t popular.
- I want to start selling my own patterns this year – it’s a large undertaking and a big scary step for me but it would be a huge push in the right direction if I want to eventually make this my full time job (which I do!) I am setting myself a goal of getting 5 patterns produced and available to buy by the end of 2018 – the first one is nearly completed!
- I would like to spend more time on my own website this year – last year was so busy that it didn’t receive a lot of attention through most of the year – although I did manage to find some time towards the end to at least update the online shop. I want to write a few more posts about what is happening at M&F, some behind the scenes posts and I am going to commit to at least one post a month (baby steps!)
- As always, I would love to increase my social media followers as they drive a lot of business to my door. My current stats (as of today) for the 3 main platforms in order of presence are:
Twitter – 4,621 – I would love to reach 5,000
Instagram – 2,317 – I am aiming for 3,500
Facebook – 252 – 500 seems a realistic number
- Finally, I would love to get involved with another brand and do some sort of collaboration. I have no idea what yet, but I am going to test the waters a little!
As mentioned, I would love to eventually make this my full time job, so will be working very hard this year to get all of this in motion. I will try and check in each month and give a little update on how I am getting on with my goals.