One of the first purchases I made for my little boy was a bouncer chair, I really wanted one as I had something very similar as a child that my parents say I absolutely loved!
I had a little search about on Amazon and based on reviews and how it looked I plumped for this lovely chair by Fisher Price. The chair has a gorgeous woodland theme and is suitable for either a boy or a girl, being pretty neutral in colour and design – greens and beiges with splashes of colour and woodland animals – what’s not to love?!
My final decision was made because this one looked comfortable as well as sturdy, and it wasn’t too garish
The positive selling points for this chair include:
- It is usable right from newborn until your baby is able to sit up unaided
- It has non-skid feet and a 3 point restraint system so is nice and safe
- It comes in just a few parts and is easy to put together
- It has comfy washable fabric
- It has a vibrate option to help sooth baby to sleep
- It has a musical owl that baby can pull on (which plays 2 tunes and also hoots!)
- It also has a detachable teething toy and clacker toy – both easily cleaned
- Takes 2 batteries which we have never had to change, so a good battery life
I have to say I love this chair so much! We have had so much use out of it, I used it most days since Freddie was born until he was 6 months and sadly no longer really fit. Freddie didn’t go to sleep in it very often, but he sat in it so many times while I got on with other things – it was especially useful for him to sit in while I took a bath as he could sit with me and I could chat to him while I had a soak!
There were not many downsides to the chair, but a couple I would point out are:
- The bar is a bit in the way when you are trying to get baby in and out if you don’t remove it before hand
- The owl is a little hard to pull when baby is smallee, it was not until about 4 months that Freddie had the skill to grab it and the strength to pull it hard enough to make it play. Although this is maybe a good thing as it only does 2 tunes and hooting, so it would be a bit annoying if it was going off all the time!!
- When baby got bigger (at 6 months he is about 20lb) the chair was almost horizontal and the bar clacking and bouncing was so much that it freaked him a bit out when he was tired, but this was only really because he was too big to fit anymore!
The chair has been cleaned, dismantled and is now all packed away and waiting for a potential baby no 2.
I would give this 4.5 stars out of 5 and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. Do let me know what you think if you have this chair too